Caliente Daiyadilla: 3 steps to spicy taste-bud delight


Since Daiya cheese has turned into an occasional treat for me (I'm avoiding oil), I really savor it when I have it. Last night I was craving it's deliciousness, so I went to Whole Foods and picked up cheddar flavor, sprouted corn tortillas, and jalapeño. Together, these 3 ingredients were amazing and this dish took 3 steps and 3 minutes to make. This recipe is free of gluten and soy.

Ingredients:
  1. organic sprouted corn tortillas (I used Food for Life brand)
  2. Daiya cheddar
  3. jalapeño
Preparation (3 minutes):
  1. Put tortillas in a pan and turn heat to medium-high
  2. Top with Daiya
  3. Slice jalapeño and sprinkle desired amount on top. When Daiya is melted, remove from heat.
Nutrition Facts (per Daiyadilla):
  • 100 calories
  • 5 grams of fat
  • 2 grams of protein
  • 130 mg of sodium
  • vitamins: small amounts of calcium, iron, vitamin C, & vitamin A

Cost (at Whole Foods): $7.15 for 12 Daiyadillas (2-4 servings)
  • Daiya - $4
  • Tortillas - $3
  • Jalapeño - $.15

No comments:

Post a Comment