Curried Potatoes, Cabbage, and Carrots


I haven't taken any cooking classes, so I'm always amazed when I adapt a recipe for the first time and it turns out to be tasty, especially without using oil. Though oils can definitely add flavor, I'm surprised at how little I miss it while making meals. Tonight I took a recipe from VegWeb and after a few adjustments I had a delicious dinner.

Ingredients:
  • 5 fingerling potatoes (unpeeled)
  • 1/2 cup of veggie broth
  • Half a small cabbage, shredded
  • 1 cup grated carrots     
  • 2 tablespoons curry powder
  • 1/2 cup water (if the veggie broth has evaporated)     
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • optional: cooked rice
Preparation:
  1. Wash the potatoes and put them in a dutch oven with the veggie broth. Heat at 450 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until them become soft. 
  2. Take potatoes out of the oven, cube them, and put back in the dutch oven along with the cabbage and carrots
  3. Mix curry powder with enough water to make a paste, then add on top of vegetables. 
  4. Add about half cup of water and salt and pepper. 
  5. Cook into oven until cabbage and carrots are just done and not mushy (about 10 minutes)
  6. Serve immediately (on bed of rice if you'd like).

No comments:

Post a Comment