Steamed Eggplant with Ginger Garlic Chive Dressing


This is one of those recipes that I kinda made up as I went along and didn't expect to taste very good, so I didn't measure anything. Low and behold it was really tasty, so I'll make a guess how much of each ingredient I used but would recommend that you taste as you go along. It's free of: gluten, soy, sugar, salt, and is anti-candida diet friendly. I suppose it could be made oil-free as well. 

Time: 7 minutes
Servings: 1 - 2

Ingredients:

  • Eggplant - 1 medium size
  • Ginger - 1/2 piece
  • Garlic - 1 clove
  • Chives - 4 blades
  • Coconut Aminos - 1 tbsp
  • Olive oil - 1/2 tbsp
  • Apple cider vinegar (rice vinegar would be better) - 1/2 tbsp
  • Coriander - 1 tsp
  • Red pepper flakes - 1 tsp
  • Sesame Seeds - 1 tbsp (or more to taste)
Directions:
  1. Cut eggplant into bite sized pieces and steam for about 5 minutes (check and adjust to desired texture)
  2. Blend the rest of the ingredients
  3. Pour dressing over steamed eggplant and top with sesame seeds

2 comments:

  1. What are coconut aminos? Similar to Braggs Aminos, or not similar at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut aminos are a soy-free version of soy sauce, tamari, nama shoyu, and braggs. Raw and organic!

    ReplyDelete